1. For the front cover, if you buy the pdf of Fight On! 9 it contains a duplicate of the front cover illo sans text. It'a a great image. It's a bit darker than the texted cover, but I like that. I mean, it *is* called The *Darkness* Beneath!;
2. For the back cover, I used the illo from the back of Fight On! 4. Feels right;
3. Inside both the front and back covers I put a copy of the complete dungeon profile for quick reference. I used the one from Fight On! 13 (see my comment below);
4. I cut out all redundant intro text paragraphs and all ads;
5. Where necessary I inserted a blank page at the end of a Level so that every Level starts on an odd-numbered page so that when I flip to it the Level is on the right-hand page;
6. I decided against any significant rearranging of text or illos. I'm leaving the voids wherever they appear;
7. I'm in process of filling all the new white space with illos. The illos are wherever possible being pulled from the same issue as the Level in question while trying to get the pic as relevant to the Level as possible. It's imperfect but I like it;
8. I'm going to erase all the various issue's page numbers and apply one numbering for the whole document;
9. Once the pages are numbered I'll write a table of contents on the blank page I inserted for that purpose; and
10. I'm considering putting black blocks on the open edges of all the pages indicating Levels 1-15, top-to-bottom, front-to-back as a quick finding aid, a la The Dark of Hot Springs Island.
The dungeon profile from Fight On! 2 misspells Salicia (from The Fane of) and shows a connection between The Deep Caves and The Hall of Mirrors which doesn't exist in any of the Level texts that I've been able to find. So if you're going to do this use the profile from issue 9, 11 or 13.
My doc is currently just over 200 pages. Once I get Levels 13 and 15 in I expect it'll be pushing 300. Good times!
Personally I use Libre Office to make my own PDFs. It's free online and I find it easy to use without having to look at instructions. Does have a few bugs which I've discovered by misuse, but for simple stuff it's fine.