Post by bobdruschitz on Mar 25, 2014 17:33:35 GMT -6
Hi everybody, it's Bob. I think the only person I don't know in person here is Trent. I've opted to play 2 PC's, honest to Pelor fightin' men. Kinda sad there's no war dogs on the Holmes equipment list, but at least there's a 10' pole. Game on.
1. In south province you created a class called the templar is this something available to us. If so what are the qualifications. I am looking to convert my cleric to a paladin and i know that I am way short on Charisma. If the Templar is available I believe the qualifications were easier
2. When we do find magical items the blue holme does not give out xp, when we convert there is Xp for magical items found. Are we going to award xp for items? will it be awarded to the person that has the item? will it be group award? Not sure how you guys did this in "south province"
3. Also for money found it says 1 xp for every 1gp found is this correct or you going to revise this?
4. With regards to training. No rules in Blue holme. Ad&D charges 1500gpx current level. Modified by performance of the character (roleplaying, etc). Also there is a time for training completed.
Last Edit: Apr 9, 2014 10:40:13 GMT -6 by dtspurrier
Post by scottenkainen on Apr 9, 2014 13:12:43 GMT -6
1. I am not using the templar class. If I recall correctly, the CHA requirement was the same as the paladin, or maybe 1 less.
2. That's a good set of questions. The short answers are yes, yes, and no, but maybe we can find a way to more gently segue into the AD&D rules, like 1/8 DMG values at 1st level, 1/4 DMG values at 2nd level, 1/2 DMG values at 3rd level.
3. I'm not changing this. Bear in mind that, in the first 7 weeks of play, no one has made a single gp, so...
4. I've already talked to you about training. Not going to segue you into training costs and times until you reach "expert" levels.
Post by bobdruschitz on May 23, 2014 12:25:51 GMT -6
Does anyone else here enjoy the fact that we're not really dungeon delving as of yet? I personally am finding the city to be where the real fun is to be had, and there seem to be quite a few urbanite pc's that might not want to do the traditional dungeon crawl per se. If the church hierarchy were fleshed out a bit more, especially with St. Cuthbert being the state religion, there seems to be a high potential for political growth both within and outside of the church. I really like the fact there have been numerous adventure hooks, and I'd be content to continue pursuing them in the immediate Verbobonc vicinity. I'm enjoying the character development and I fear that some of that may be lost if we dungeon delve right off the bat. Does anyone else agree? Gaston is enjoying finding a niche and may be building up to a heist, and Tain's guilt may point him in a darker direction if things don't get any better. Both things I'd like to see build some more.
Post by scottenkainen on May 23, 2014 12:32:02 GMT -6
The beauty of 2 PCs is that you can do both! I do miss running a dungeon adventure. I would like to see, by the end of June, half the PCs in a dungeon and the other half doing 'fun' urban stuff in and around Verbobonc. Any chance of that happening?
Post by scottenkainen on Jun 4, 2014 13:24:16 GMT -6
How to find a caravan:
Because both road and river travel are considered to be safe along the routes Verbobonc uses, large caravans are rare and reserved for only the transport of really expensive merchandise or very important personages.
If a caravan were here, a large campsite would be set up just outside the city. The poorer caravan workers would be allowed to stay here (because they could easily go through their meager earnings in the city) and would guard the caravan's mules and smaller animals.
Horses would be stocked in the city's stables, so any stableworker would know if a caravan was in town.
Caravan leaders will typically make an offering to a temple on first arriving in the city. Caravan leaders have to report their schedule to the castle authorities. These sources generally do not make this information public, however.
Caravan leaders and their more veteran guards may stay anywhere in the city, but if their business is to be conducted in the Business Quarter, they will more likely stay somewhere closer to there.
Some caravans, though, are on such a tight budget that they choose to avoid Verbobonc altogether and stay in nearby Ryemend, where everything tends to be a little cheaper.
Post by bobdruschitz on Jul 29, 2014 13:08:39 GMT -6
We just had our baby boy, Alexander Stephen Druschitz, last night. He was due October 22nd. Currently playing worried father at Advocate Lutheran General in Park Ridge. Anne's doing great, the little guy is 2 1/2 #'s and about 15 inches long.
Guys, for the next few days (Dec 10 - 13) I may experience a period of power outage due to a large storm parking itself over my area for that duration. I may not be able to log-in and even see what's happening; Or it might not be so bad.
This is just a heads-up to my fellow gamers. Please NPC my characters in my absence due to this as needed/you see fit. If I can chime in regularly during this time, believe me, I will!
Northern California. We've been on alert for a few days. I'm only posting this in anticipation; I don't really think it will be as bad as they say. But you must prepare! We expect the worst in the wee hours of this coming morning, and may experience power outages for a day or two.
EDIT: Still have power; No downed power-lines around like they were expecting. Things should be OK so I will be able to continue gaming with you guys
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2014 9:03:28 GMT -6 by Merctime
Post by scottenkainen on Jan 1, 2015 10:51:55 GMT -6
We made it to 2015!
We're not officially in Year 2 (real time) of the campaign until February, but I would like to now turn up the speed of game play another notch. No one will be expected to post more often, but I will be making more assumptions and assuming some of your actions -- unless vetoed by players, and then we will go back and make changes. My goal is to run the game like this:
In-combat posts: 2 rounds/post Exploration posts: 20 minutes/post Out and about in the city posts: 1 hour/post