Post by James Maliszewski on Sept 13, 2009 10:14:47 GMT -6
I did want to post this today, to save me some trouble tomorrow. Here's how combat and other random elements will be dealt with:
1. Go to the secure dice server and send me 20 rolls of 1D20, 1D6, and any other dice you might use for your weapons (1D8, for example).
2. Do this tomorrow. I don't want a flood of emails today, since I'm mostly going to be offline.
3. When combat or some other event that requires randomness comes up, I'll make a random roll on a table of the dice results you've sent me and use that to adjudicate attacks, saving throws, damage, secret doors, etc. Then I'll write everything up in a post to tell you what happens.
4. Consequently, I would like everyone to post (in another thread that I'll create shortly) "standing orders" for what you do in combat and other such situations. That can be as simple as "I always attack with missile weapons until the enemy closes to melee range," "I attempt to flee if I reach half hit points," or something more complex. Otherwise, I'll just assume logical actions designed to ensure maximum survivability in combat and other dangerous situations.
5. When I get low on dice rolls, I'll send you a PM asking for more.
Any questions? (Bearing in mind I probably won't answer till late tonight or sometime tomorrow)
Writer and Sleep-Deprived Dad
Hey, James I've sent you my rolls but as is my wont I got confused and messed things up a little. I may have sent you multiple d6 rolls labeled as d8 or d4? Then again I might have sent multiples of the other rolls? Sorry. The only thing I can really be sure of is that I sent you a ton of dice rolls.
Darn it...sorry James,I´ve sent you 20 rolls of 1d6,but labeled them as "Ivildir's.1d20.rolls". Its not a fatal mistake, but Im telling so you dont erase them thinking I sent you the d20 series twice,sorry!